Kccitystar's Total MLB 2008

Kccitystar

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still hoping to get some help here ;-)

During the installation, I got an error message "fifafs.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

After the installation, I saw a bunch of .fsh files in the main MVP 2005 folder--is that correct?

I have MVP 07 installed and installed the TU 2007 in MVP 2005 Baseball folder, which is where MVP 07 was installed.

It's a program error with fifafs. I am not sure what that problem is, but it is not with my update, just the fifafs program itself.

But what about all those .fsh files I see in the main MVP 2005 Baseball folder? Are they supposed to be there?

KC great job on the uniforms, they look great! I know this is a beta and you may already be aware of this... but the Padres are wearing stirrups instead of a solid sock. I am in my dynasty with the Pads and it just looks weird. I know they don't normally wear stirrups so. I noticed this because Bard wears his socks up.

Just a head ups. Other than that great job as usual!

KC, did you ever finish making those updates to the Heroes and Legends uniforms. I know you were working on them last year but I don't know if you ever finished. I don't know if you'd be willing to do them or upload or just pm me them.

I have been getting random crashing since installing the uniforms (2nd or 3rd game it crashes), so I started poking around and found this

untitled1uc3.png

The RED areas should not be in the file, it looks like somehow nfshtool/fshtool is corrupting the files. The corrupt files could lead to memory leaks which could explain why it is crashing.

The ***** is I can not think of an easy way to fix them

If I play with default stadiums I can play at least 8 (all I tried) games in a row, so that is what makes me think there is a memory leak somewhere

I do not get it then

If I use default uniforms with updated stadiums no crashing

These uniforms with updated stadiums crashes

These uniforms with default stadiums no crashing

It happens mostly at Wrigley (2nd game every time) Got to a forth game at Dodger stadium

I do not get it then

If I use default uniforms with updated stadiums no crashing

These uniforms with updated stadiums crashes

These uniforms with default stadiums no crashing

It happens mostly at Wrigley (2nd game every time) Got to a forth game at Dodger stadium

I haven't played at Wrigley or Dodger stadium, just AL ballparks. If it happened every time at a particular ballpark, one may assume it is a combination of the updated uniforms and updated stadium, but it is not happening every time, so this is a weird one.

Do you have the Total Uniform version 1.27 downloaded from your site?

It happens mostly at Wrigley (2nd game every time)

damn I can't figure out why my Wrigley causes problems for so many people when it doesn't even have any more high-res textures than Oriole Park or Fenway.

Maybe it's because removable.o is a replica of mstadium.o. Is there a way to delete parts from one of them?

Marlins_MY, are you out there?

damn I can't figure out why my Wrigley causes problems for so many people when it doesn't even have any more high-res textures than Oriole Park or Fenway.

Maybe it's because removable.o is a replica of mstadium.o. Is there a way to delete parts from one of them?

Marlins_MY, are you out there?

It would happen in between innings when the cameras are zooming around the stadium

Through ZModeler, you can delete any unnecessary vertices from parts, but the number of parts stays the same. For example, removable.o has 168 parts, and you totally delete parts 50 through 60 in ZModeler. While there is a gap, save it as an .oif and convert it back to .o; the file itself will still have 168 parts, and the numbering of parts remains intact. Parts 50-60 will consist of one point (at 0,0,0 if I remember correctly), which should be negligible in terms of rendering. So, the answer is no because parts can't be removed, but yes because their points can, if that makes sense. I actually just did this two days ago to my version of Hadlock Field, and I think gameplay was improved a bit by getting rid of extra vertices.

Through ZModeler, you can delete any unnecessary vertices from parts, but the number of parts stays the same. For example, removable.o has 168 parts, and you totally delete parts 50 through 60 in ZModeler. While there is a gap, save it as an .oif and convert it back to .o; the file itself will still have 168 parts, and the numbering of parts remains intact. Parts 50-60 will consist of one point (at 0,0,0 if I remember correctly), which should be negligible in terms of rendering. So, the answer is no because parts can't be removed, but yes because their points can, if that makes sense. I actually just did this two days ago to my version of Hadlock Field, and I think gameplay was improved a bit by getting rid of extra vertices.

thanks dude, I knew you'd know how to help :wtg:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived