Kccitystar's Total MLB 2008

Kccitystar

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't get how he uses kc's stuff but kc using spungo's stuff is out of the question

Just W.T.F. are you talking about, spungo has not released an uniform upgrade in 3 months. So how is he using KC's work when he has not released anything.

Are you taking about the preview image he posted? It is an image not a release. Do I need to get the permission from the:

Uniform maker

Face Maker

Stadium Maker

Bat Maker

Portrait Maker

Ball Maker

&

Glove Maker

before I can post a WIP screenshot of my own work?

I think its all sort of childish who really cares but if someone asks then i guess their wishes should be respected no matter how childish they are.

He's not here; he doesn't want his mods here either. At least I'm assuming that's the logic. I'm sure KC will do a fine job on his own.

Hint: not a good idea to call someone names like that. That may be your opinion, but it's kind of a touchy subject. When stuff like that is said, all hell usually breaks loose.

I must say, as great as thespungo's work was, he has really turned into a headcase now. it's an absolute shame his desires for his work don't include this site anymore. that being said..

NEVER FEAR..

KC IS HERE!

I wish you the best of luck with your project KC, and I know you'll be able to do much better than anything thespungo was able to do. Keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to some new Jays jerseys!

it's an absolute shame his desires for his work don't include this site anymore.

I do not understand it, no one wants thespungo here but they all throw fits when they can not use him. And yes that is what it boils down to, people want to USE and ABUSE him but not have to deal with him.

He is not allowed here, if he is not wanted why should his work be here

simple concept

You think he is crazy, you have not seen crazy. If I was banned and people were still using my work I would be making road trips.

I **** you not

I know you'll be able to do much better than anything thespungo was able to do.

Well with all respect to KC is has not done so yet so why do you feel the future will be any different

He's not here; he doesn't want his mods here either. At least I'm assuming that's the logic. I'm sure KC will do a fine job on his own.

Hint: not a good idea to call someone names like that. That may be your opinion, but it's kind of a touchy subject. When stuff like that is said, all hell usually breaks loose.

The way i read it from eamods was that he told KC not to use them period no matter which site he releases on. I completely respect the fact that he doesn't want he work posted on this site, that banned him and told him never to come back. That makes sense to me. What i really find childish is how one has to better than the other and how people are taking sides, though i can see my first post doesn't reflect that very well. All it really is is a matter of personal preference.

The way i read it from eamods was that he told KC not to use them period no matter which site he releases on. I completely respect the fact that he doesn't want he work posted on this site, that banned him and told him never to come back. That makes sense to me. What i really find childish is how one has to better than the other and how people are taking sides, though i can see my first post doesn't reflect that very well. All it really is is a matter of personal preference.

What i don't understand is how kc has been using them for previous seasons and now that Spungo has his own release and gets banned from this site he isn't allowing kc to use them. If I'm not mistaken kc has always credited him in his readme for the work

It's not that MVPMods does not want Spungo to return, AFAIK, Spungo has been offered the opportunity to return back to this site, however he feels he should return under what seem to be his terms and the admins on this site will not bend to his demands, whatever they may be.

Kraw, you state that you would be annoyed if you were banned and people started using your work, well, that comes with the territory when you make your work public for people to download and use. It is inevitable and it will happen. I'm sure Trues doesn't get mad when people use his overlays as a base and build from there, and I know there are a handful who modify his stuff to their hearts content.

As for me not providing anything new, I could care less. I feel like I don't need to improve much if people are already happy with what I'm providing. This is MVP Baseball 2005 we are modding here, obviously a game that is 3 years old. Why should I bother spending ridiculous amounts of time creating ridiculously awesome textures? To give myself a boost of self-esteem? For some worthless self-validation?

This isn't a job, I'm not getting paid to do this, this is merely a hobby.

• 3 weeks later...

So many arguments about seemingly little issues and not enough time in the world for them.

This is an awesome site. The individuals who use their skills and add to this site are equally awesome. But isn't this all supposed to be about having fun with an old game? Are we supposed to care if there are two sites that do this same thing? Does it matter if someone uses someone else's work? Does it really matter? Kris Kristofferson wrote a song called "Let's get together and steal each other's songs" and Willie Nelson loved it.

I, for one, stink at modding anything plus I don't have the time at all. So I can't ever complain about any work that anybody does. I think it's all great. But, really, it's just about having a bit of fun in a world that isn't sometimes. If we aren't having a good time with this we should stop. Robbie Robertson was on the road with The Band for 16 years. He wasn't having fun any longer so he stopped playing. So, lets have some fun or stop!

And KC, I love your stuff and I'm not the only one. So if you're having fun I'd love to see more of your work.

You won't be seeing anything new on my end for a while, I'm busy doing some servicing on my current work which is why it's currently suspended at the moment

So are you using any new templates thos year, KC? Or are you just trying to expand on your old ones?

Just trying out some new stuff I've been fine-tuning. If I don't like how it looks, I'll scrap it altogether. So far so good.

Shouldn't the Yankees stuff have 2 patches? The ASG and Yankee Stadium?

Both patches are there. One is not seen because of his arm positioning, but it's there.

Archived