Kccitystar's Total MLB 2008

Kccitystar

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so you know what's wrong kc? When my game crashed I thought it was some sort of problem with my system, because I just moved over and I'm downloading everything I had on the last system, but then I noticed that retro uniforms didn't crash, while yours did. Hope to see them up and fixed soon!

• 3 weeks later...

4t6kd1h.jpg

I'll see if I can replace all the TB logos eventually.

I'm not too wild about the Rays new jerseys, it seems like a step backwards.

When you release the Rays jerseys, can you include the current jerseys in the other available slots?

When you release the Rays jerseys, can you include the current jerseys in the other available slots?

When I release my uniform updates (as of this writing) they are supposed to reflect on changes for the 2007 season. This won't change for 2008 and beyond. I'm not releasing those Rays uniforms this year.

I just wanted to test them out and see how they look in-game with what's been released at this point.

There are a lot of changes for 2008, and right now I'm just in the process of wrapping up Total MLB 2007.

As for the minor league project, I don't know what to do. I've done a chunk of the international league (AAA) and the entire Yankees organization. I haven't quite started on AA ball and single A.

Work has officially begun for Total MLB 1.31 based on all of the updates provided by BigDom and countless other people. So far the entire Devil Rays team has been done (fonts, uniforms, logos, frontend art), and I will be going down the league rather quickly removing old commemorative patches and stuff. I won't release this until after the World Series ends, so don't hold your breath, gentlemen.

Also, a 1X release of Total MLB 1.30 is in the works as well.

Here's how I do stitching, for those of you who have Photoshop. I'll do it on a 2X template to better show the quality and to give you an idea of how the stitching is:

We're going to take this logo and "stitch" it to the jersey.

2vseqly.gif

Before we make any changes, go to Image->Mode-> RGB Color. This is a GIF, and we want to be able to use all the colors available as opposed to 256.

Also, be sure to remove the white background from the logo itself. Use the Magic Wand tool (W), and make sure the settings up top have Contiguous unchecked. Click on the white background and press delete to remove the white background from the image. You should have a transparent Indians script logo.

Now, what I do is split the colors on the uniform into different layers, from Blue down to red.

2n88uu0.jpg

From here, right click on the red layer in that toolbox, in this case it's layer 2 and go to Blending Options. This is where we start to fidget.

These are my settings to get the right stitching effect. It isn't quite a one size fits all for every logo, but you can adjust accordingly to achieve the desired effect. For solid colored logos, I often don't add the stitching effect but I give it a raised sort of look:

40o8ewy.jpg

2h39bhi.jpg

2libii1.jpg

2e21mo9.jpg

This pattern is changeable to either the scan-line texture, black diagonals, or on dark colors, white diagonals. Adjust opacity for desired effect.

Now, what I do is copy this same style and paste it to the other layers, however I edit a few things on Image 3 up top so the stitching is different for each layer

Now, layer 1 in this case is the grey trimming. Layer 2 which is the red should always be on top of layer 1. Layer 3 should be the dominant layer as it is the blue trim. Confusing, but it gets the point across.

Now, you don't want to merge everything just yet, because we have not pasted this onto the jersey. Select the blue trimming first (Layer 3), and right click on the layer. Select copy layer style, as this is what you'll need to do to get the stitching back. When you copy and paste it will show up with no stitching effect, and you will need to paste the layer style again, this is why I said to copy the layer style.

Now, since by now you should have my uniform template in a folder somewhere, so what you need to do is open up JERS.psd and click on the Script layer, because we don't want the script to be behind the jersey or anything like that. Now, paste the blue trim.

307neo1.jpg

You'll get something like this, but this is where you resize. Go to edit-> Free Transform and make sure the Width and Height is in proportion. There will be an icon that you will have to click to keep the resizing in proportion, or if you are lazy like I am, you hold shift while you resize.

Resize the image to 34% and try to align the D in INDIANS where the jersey flap is. Sweet. You should get this upon resizing:

2vd439l.jpg

Now, paste the layer style onto the blue trimming. great.

Now, repeat the same technique for the grey and red parts of the script.

That should be it, really, unless there was something I missed.

That means NO. Just like when he said maybe he will include LA Angels red alternative uniforms as road uniforms as well.

Oh, so big, bad KC didn't include a uniform you wanted? What a shame. Stop whining like a ***** and go make one yourself if you want it so badly. KC puts a hell of a lot of time and effort into every single uniform he makes, and for you to come into this thread and make a post like that is totally unwarranted. Teams wear a lot of uniforms. KC, try as he might, cannot please everyone.

Also, check the downloads. He's released 1x versions previously.

Hey, man, I'm the one that asked for the 1x! lol...

cuz my piece of crap can't deal with good unis and equipment! :)

I knew he had a previous release in 1x - just didn't know if his new stuff was ever gonna be scaled down.

It is, I just don't have enough "modding time" due to college work

• 2 months later...

I got MVP Baseball 2005 up and running on my cousin's PC and since everything had been running smoothly, I took note of what you guys said with my road uniforms being a light shade and you were right.

I'm going to be fixing that for future editions of Total MLB. That and other adjustments as well.

I got MVP Baseball 2005 up and running on my cousin's PC and since everything had been running smoothly, I took note of what you guys said with my road uniforms being a light shade and you were right.

I'm going to be fixing that for future editions of Total MLB. That and other adjustments as well.

I've found that #c5c5c5 is a good shade of gray to use in Photoshop for the road unis.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived