MLB Gameday Thread

Kccitystar

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I am telling you all right now I am going to be celebrating all weekend because Robinson Cano has been banned for 80 games for using a banned substance.

This is the same guy that signed a ten-year $240 million contract before the start of the 2014 season with Seattle and even with all that money that they threw at him he still has not run out a ground ball. He didn't do it with the Yankees so why start now?

I don't know who was the laziest player I've ever seen. It has to be between Alfonso Soriano and this pile of horse manure. I'm just glad we won't be seeing him for awhile. 🖕

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ah4icu17b18ibdooms

Testing, 1, 2, 1 2, is this thing on?

Cool. We've unarchived this thread for active discussion during the regular season when games are on.

The purpose of this thread is to curb local game discussions in the shoutbox on the homepage and keep it to a thread specifically meant for those discussions.

Carry on.

Rays right-hander Tyler Glasnow was placed on the 10-day injured list on Tuesday after being diagnosed with a partially torn UCL and a flexor strain in his throwing arm.

Glasnow had an MRI in Chicago on Tuesday morning, a day after exiting the Rays’ 5-2 win over the White Sox on Monday night due to right elbow inflammation. Tampa Bay said that a timeline for Glasnow’s return will be determined after further medical evaluation.

Glasnow is expected to attempt to rehab from his injury without undergoing Tommy John surgery, but this will leave Tampa Bay without its ace for a while.

https://www.mlb.com/news/tyler-glasnow-placed-on-injured-list-with-elbow-injury

Throw the whole season away for cryin' out loud.

Next to Dustin May, Tyler Glasnow was a guy I tuned into watch, even when he dominated the hometown team (NYY). The Rays without an ace to push them through the season is going to really affect how the trade market turns out for them. Do they go ahead and look towards a half-season rental? Who knows.

Who else is going to have their arm betray them this season? Hopefully no one else.