MLB Gameday Thread

Kccitystar

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

That's right, but all I want to know is why he was watching the Red Sox?

Lol!  The sole reason I was watching that game is that I wanted to see if the Rays were gonna wear their 20th Anniversary Throwback-ish uniforms; but I found out it was Saturday.  Of course I was rooting for the Rays (or any team playing the Red Sox) to win and win big.  

8 hours ago, dennisjames71 said:

Lol!  The sole reason I was watching that game is that I wanted to see if the Rays were gonna wear their 20th Anniversary Throwback-ish uniforms; but I found out it was Saturday.  Of course I was rooting for the Rays (or any team playing the Red Sox) to win and win big.  

good-answer-i-like-the-way-you-think.jpg

11 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

Didi with a 3 run shot bailed out Stanton from his lousy game. No worries.

Except from me. I worry about everything with this team. :D

5ac40c55bb579_Gregorius3runshotin7th.thumb.jpg.73b7a35beb640158668f647956af6563.jpg

Three-run home run by Didi in the 7th.

Gregorius.thumb.jpg.67e5c413cdfeb9ada2358f293e167898.jpg

It is freezing in New York but Gregorius is having a great day.

8 RBI's are the most for a shortstop in Yankees history.
Stanton must not be used to the cold or something. 5 K's must also be some kind of a record for a man with a contract like that. Still, the boos seemed a bit premature. We are only 5 games into the season.

16 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Except from me. I worry about everything with this team. :D

I get it. I feel like even though one of our guys will have a cold night, there are 5 or 6 other guys in our lineup that are dangerous to the rest of the league :)

33 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

I get it. I feel like even though one of our guys will have a cold night, there are 5 or 6 other guys in our lineup that are dangerous to the rest of the league :)

I agree with that.  Drury has been hitting the ball well and the two Tylers (Wade and Austin) have been contributing.  Right now, the Achilles heel seems to be the bullpen, however, I don't expect it to be like that all season.

Tyler Austin.jpg

Thank you Tyler Austin!

Thoughts on last night's Yankee - Red Sox game.

Brock Holt did what he could and was successful in starting a fight with Tyler Austin, who was just sliding into second base.

What was that? Stanton and Sanchez getting hits in the same game? Come on.

Do the Red Sox really want to start a beanball war with the Yankees? Are they forgetting they have Adrolis Chapman in the bullpen? It's not like years ago when Pedro Martinez would hit all the Yankees he wanted to and Joe Torre wouldn't retaliate once. Get Chapman in there so he can fire a few 100 mph fastballs at Mookie Betts' head. Maybe that will wipe the smile off of his face once and for all.

You sucked as a player and you suck as a manager Joey Cora.

The Yankees will have more suspensions and fines than the Red Sox will get because that is how these things go.

3:59 to play this game.

9 minutes ago, sabugo said:

I get that Holt felt like he had to say something after that slide - which didn't seem an intentional spiking to anyone. But turning that into a beaning is just a dick move by whoever decided it was warranted.

But this is how those people are. Boston loves to play the victim in everything. They've never done anything wrong at any time to anyone. They are always picked on.

On 4/12/2018 at 6:27 AM, Yankee4Life said:

You sucked as a player and you suck as a manager Joey Cora.

Should have said Alex Cora. No big deal though. One Cora is the same as the other one. They both sucked.

14 hours ago, Gordo said:

DJ owning the Nats .... love it

DJ who?

This guy:

.2.thumb.JPG.5055282117e49104d4d5d6fd1152e1ba.JPG

Tuned this into the Nats home broadcast after DJ hit his first HR and those tools talked about how he got the ball up in the jet stream.  They're such incredible homers when it comes to their broadcasts it's nauseating.