MLB Gameday Thread

Kccitystar

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

109041156_ChrisGittenshithisfirstcareerhomeragainsttheBlueJaysonTuesdayJune152021astheYankeesbeatToronto6-5.thumb.jpg.db2debceea6accb9c372a2e7955e6fcd.jpg

Chris Gittens hit his first career homer against the Blue Jays on Tuesday June 15, 2021 as the Yankees beat Toronto 6 - 5.

This was needed!

They spent a lot of time negotiating with the kid who had to run across an onramp to pick up the ball where it landed. Crazy. 

2 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Well, big win last night but a defeat looming tonight as Yankees had huge chance in 1st inning but they blew it.  Cole not pitcher as he was early in the season.

8 innings, 4 hits, 2 runs for Cole. Maybe not the same high number of strikeouts he had earlier in the season, but I will take an outing like that any day. 

And give the Yankees credit for coming from behind for the second night in a row. 

6 hours ago, Jim825 said:

8 innings, 4 hits, 2 runs for Cole. Maybe not the same high number of strikeouts he had earlier in the season, but I will take an outing like that any day. 

And give the Yankees credit for coming from behind for the second night in a row. 

Yes sir. You're right on both accounts. 👍

1 hour ago, Ritchie said:

A good win indeed but still not convinced of this team. Will have to get back in the race for me to believe.

Oh, I agree. Don't get me wrong because I'm happy that they won but my opinion has not changed.

111973861_DeiviGarcia.thumb.jpg.4d44dd610a3de9f608a42edfc5687a25.jpg

Which brings me to their farm system. Take this guy here, please! This is Deivi Garcia and he’s the latest of over hyped and under performing Yankee “prospects.” As long as these prospects don’t have to swing a bat or pitch they’re great. Garcia’s roster spot should be taken away from him until he learns how to pitch. In 1/3rd of an inning two days ago this jackass gave up four walks. Are there any Yankee prospects that actually can pitch?

If Ford was that good, he would still be on the major league roster.  The Yankees were hoping he could play first base until Voit returned, but he was doing so poorly that Andujar was playing first base at times.  He was DFA’d to make room for Zach Britton when he came off the IL. 

Ford is not going to suddenly turn into a .300 hitter for the Rays, nor do I expect him to be their everyday first baseman.  In fact, he’s not going to Tampa. He’s going to their Triple-A team in Durham. 

1 hour ago, Ritchie said:

Here's to the Yankees. Another loss tonight.  

Why do you do that all the time?  The Yankees fall behind and the game is automatically over.  Last I checked, they were up 7-4.  It appears to me that they are winning . . .

41 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

Here's to the Yankees. Another loss tonight.  

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47oq7lm6le6tild37rsc

Yankees have 3 guys who can throw over 100 which is wild to me.

Also, our pitching has (for the very most part) shut Vladdy down this series and for that I am thankful