Ideas for the site? Post them here!

Yankee4Life

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely what would be great is a place where newbs could be pointed to exactly what to download or what they have to choose from. Also, I notice a lot of questions in the Support section go unanswered -- those need to be answered in some form.

You guys are doing a great job.

Definitely what would be great is a place where newbs could be pointed to exactly what to download or what they have to choose from. Also, I notice a lot of questions in the Support section go unanswered -- those need to be answered in some form.

You guys are doing a great job.

Yea as I was stating before, the spam rule should be modified. Some questions are improtant and don't get answered. Kraw had a pretty good lenth. Seven days seems like a good time to post again in a thread if no one has replied.

Yea as I was stating before, the spam rule should be modified. Some questions are improtant and don't get answered. Kraw had a pretty good lenth. Seven days seems like a good time to post again in a thread if no one has replied.

Yeah, so why don't you try doing that? You never waited seven days to wait for a response for anything. You usually wait a half hour and you think that's good enough.

Yeah, so why don't you try doing that? You never waited seven days to wait for a response for anything. You usually wait a half hour and you think that's good enough.

Because the idea was brought up after my thread was warned. But Y4L, can this be put into the rules?

Because the idea was brought up after my thread was warned. But Y4L, can this be put into the rules?

I don't know man. Seven days to me seems to be a long time to wait for a response for something you want to know about in here. Now what if there was a rule for this? How many people do you think will actually wait seven days? Not many I think.

#1 DUMB, "MVP MLB 2006" is not a self contained game, it is a TC (total conversion) mod for 2005. Anything released for "MVP MLB 2006" should also work for 2005

#2 7days, and when you bump it you should have to post more detail about the problem

#3 What??? I do not get what you are saying

#1 It could be a subsection, like the classics section of mvp baseball 2005 downloads

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you just go straight back to the topic, then right there is a button with the forum name on it, or you can just stay there. It's the same number of mouse clicks/number of page loads.

I say we should get rid of the "Post Confirmed" page ("Your message has been posted. Click here or here."). It really isn't necessary.

-BBHD

BBHD, I think that option you are talking about is part of the board's software. So there may not be anything to do about it.

How about some kind of limitation before having the ability to start a new thread? Either some number of days registered and/or a certain number of posts before a new thread can be started? I've seen this used on some boards and it does help to cut down the clutter and to encourage the use of the search function and using exisiting on-topic threads.

NYYfans.com does that...

Anyway, how could newbs ask questions without making topics? Of course, the obvious problem is that many people don't use the search so it gets redundant, BUT, since there won't be another MVP game we as a community should encourage as many people to stay here as possible, not exclude them just because we may feel inconvenienced once in a while. Just my opinion.

Anyway, how could newbs ask questions without making topics? Of course, the obvious problem is that many people don't use the search so it gets redundant, BUT, since there won't be another MVP game we as a community should encourage as many people to stay here as possible, not exclude them just because we may feel inconvenienced once in a while. Just my opinion.

"Newbs" would just ask a question in an existing relevant topic.

They may easily feel discouraged. :?

They may. Either way, there are drawbacks and advantages. I just think it would cut down on spam and cut down on threads with a frequently asked question followed by smart alec responses of "use the search function" which will then sometimes be taken negatively and bring about more ill responses from the original poster.

I don't think it would be that much of a change from the existing dynamic of the board--just a very small, simple, and effective one. The restriction might not even be so strict--something like 5 posts or 5 days registered.

Anyway, I'm just putting it out there for consideration...I don't even know if it's possible on here.

I just think it would cut down on spam and cut down on threads with a frequently asked question followed by smart alec responses of "use the search function" which will then sometimes be taken negatively and bring about more ill responses from the original poster.

Good point man, I'm sure someone would rather have 3 days to find their answer rather than get hated from the getgo for asking a stupid question. I'm convinced now.

Also, that dude who 'got Bama's IP address' also did some convincing.

Well, about the newbies asking questions. I know a lot of times, people tell them to use the search function, but other times, people do answer their questions.

I know with that guy who 'took my IP address' i told him to search the forums, but, I answered his questions right underneath. I really don't think its my fault that he decided to not pay attention to the fact that I did answer his question.

Archived