Ideas for the site? Post them here!

Yankee4Life

I really don't think its my fault that he decided to not pay attention to the fact that I did answer his question.

Bama, now you know that quite a few of these guys just want us to do the work for them. Then they get mad if they have to put even a little effort into it.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know with that guy who 'took my IP address' i told him to search the forums, but, I answered his questions right underneath. I really don't think its my fault that he decided to not pay attention to the fact that I did answer his question.

It wasn't your fault at all. Possibly making people wait for a day or two will prevent them from running their mouthes. Trolls want instant satisifaction usually, if they have to wait they must run their mouthes elsewhere.

i think a 3 day registration requirement to post would be best. If you simply made it 5 posts before the ability start a topic, it will simply lead to more and more spamming. And we all know we already have enough of that around here, we def dont need more people trying to cheat the system. So,by making it a 3 day period before posting, then they have to search the forums for the answer for 3 days if they really want to know. Plus, like waiting three days is gonna kill them, pfff.. they need to learn patience anyways... maybe itd also cut down on the ppl who bump their own question after 15 minutes

I was disappointed to find that when you now try to drag your mouse over a thread title on the homepage, it doesn't show the last post in a pop-up sort of thing. Could Trues or someone bring that back? I found that t be extremely useful, and saved quite a bit of time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How about a direct forum seach link in the main menu? I know that it says search in the main menu to the left, but that actually (to the best of my knowledge) searches only downloads and site news... itd save some time... especially with the site running slow (for me anyways) again... having a direct link to the forum seach would be awesome...

im not seein it markb... but for clarification im talking about the home page... i know you can go to the forums section and then search is at the top... but im talkin from the main menu bar on the left of each page... that search function only does news and downloads... maybe you could post a screenie? i cant find it :(

yea yea i see that... but i dont think u understand... im talking a direct link from www.mvpmods.com.... that link is there from http://www.mvpmods.com/index.php?name=Forums.... so yea i see the link from the forum homepage, but not the main site homepage... the one with the downloads on the right, and last ten topic in the center

Ahh, OK, now it makes sense. Well, it would be cool, but it only requires one extra click to get to the forums and click search anyway.

thespungo, Trues fixed the download search a few days ago.

Well, it would be cool, but it only requires one extra click to get to the forums and click search anyway.

With the massive amount of clicking that's required to get around MVP's dynasty menus, saving a click here and there is a welcome sight. :)

With the massive amount of clicking that's required to get around MVP's dynasty menus, saving a click here and there is a welcome sight. :)

Well, that's true! :lol:

So many good things about MVP, yet so many bad...

And Trues comes through in the clutch. :wink:

Well, that's true! :lol:

So many good things about MVP, yet so many bad...

I'm surprised that EA did not make one single improvement to the menus, yet shouldn't be surprised, their UI sucks in every sports game.

• 3 weeks later...

Trues, I love the new banner, and it has given me an idea: Wouldn't it be possible to create one for every MLB team? So that, for example, Cards fans would have the New Busch stadium and Pujols, while Jays fans would have Rogers Centre and Wells. Now that would really rock!

Trues, I love the new banner, and it has given me an idea: Wouldn't it be possible to create one for every MLB team? So that, for example, Cards fans would have the New Busch stadium and Pujols, while Jays fans would have Rogers Centre and Wells. Now that would really rock!

We had something like that before, but I think it slowed the site down way too much.

When the new MVP 06 mod comes out, if it's okay with KC, we put the mod on his download section. I remmeber him saying that he had his website host the beta version so MVPmods would speed up.

I say we put the mod, when it's ready on KC's site, that way MVPmods is up and running at normal speeds, rather than it take 10 min to go to the next page etc. Anyone for this idea?

BTW: New banner is nice.

Something I enjoy from other forums that we don't have here is the ability to search through your own posts. This may have already been mentioned, but I'd like to bring it up again.

So when you're in the forum index, along with 'view posts since your last visit' and 'view unanswered posts,' the option would be 'view your posts,' and all the threads you've posted in appear, and its a good way to remember where youve posted in case you forget, and you can find a thread you've posted in over and over much faster. I believe its called 'egoposts' on most other forums.

Archived