The MVP 2005 and Windows 10 Thread

Solid_Contact

On 9/22/2015 at 2:44 PM, TeamRival said:

Then enable TESTSIGNING boot mode by opening an admin command prompt and typing: bcdedit -set testsigning on

When I do this I get the following error message:

An error has occurred setting the element data.

The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or deleted.

Any advice on where I should go from here?

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jhs33 said:

I was having problems starting MVP 2015 until I installed a patch for links 2003 for windows 7,8 10 for Nvidia cards. Since then MVP 2015 has started every time I have tried it. It runs fine no choppiness at all.I got the patch from www.linkscountryclub.com.Links runs fine now also.

So where's the patch?  Unless you're trying to pimp the Links game itself?

30 minutes ago, Gordo said:

So where's the patch?  Unless you're trying to pimp the Links game itself?

It is at www.linkscountryclub.com under downloads. Also I am running the game in compatibility mode windows xp release 3

Edited by jhs33

I just ran the patch. I don't know if it goes to the NVidia driver card or links 2003.I assume that since it seemed to make mvp 2015 work it must be to the card? I am not as knowledgeable about these thing as a lot of you are. All I know is after I ran the patch to fix links 2003 it also seemed to fix mvp 2015 and both are still working great. I thought I would let everyone know about this so someone else who has an NVidia card could try it and see if it works for them too.

• 4 weeks later...

It appears that it all has to do with the SafeDisc v2,copy protection.  This protection uses the
SECDRV Service. 

I am using a elevated command prompt and I supposedly can start some services.  I was able to set SECDRV to auto as such

SecDrvtoAuto.jpg.6e21f6f42bc9e96997eb5b0

But When I go to start the Service Win 10 Blocks it.

SecDrvBlock.jpg.c565d8e43b0a3153791a89c6Until Microsoft comes through with a patch I guess you revert to an earlier OS or wait, unless someone can find another option.

4 hours ago, stealth2920 said:

I don't have links but I read a previous post stating that the patch fixed his issue, but I installed it anyway but it didn't change anything.  I have an AMD R290 card anyway and I think that was an nvidia fix.

I tried the Link patch, which I own Links, and it didn't work for me either. I run a Nvidia 980, and the patch still did nothing for me.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 10:03 PM, goirish34 said:

I tried the Link patch, which I own Links, and it didn't work for me either. I run a Nvidia 980, and the patch still did nothing for me.

Well it was worth a try. mvp 2015 on windows 10 is still working for me, it may have been just a coincidence that it started working after I installed the Links patch for Nvidia cards. Not sure why it works but glad it does.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Windows 10 issues here. Been playing this game since 05 with mods but once I got a W10 computer nothing worked so I haven't played in a while and I'm itching.

I install the two discs to the C: root on my computer and run the app as admin, nothing happens. Getting the loading cursor for a second then nothing.

I tried installing the MVP15 patch over that, nothing - I never even get into the game.

What am I missing?

Thanks guys

Any Thoughts?

I did a clean install to E:\MVP_2005_Mods. Copied the Clean Install and renamed it 1976. Installed the Total Classics 1976 mod and it works fine. Copied the Clean Install and renamed 1956. Installed Total Classics 1956 Mod. Asks me for Admin rights and will not run with admin rights. Also tried 61 mod with same results.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I originally had the same issue many are having where the game would not start at all, but through Team Rival's fix and the Disable Signature Enforcement option that Owen pointed out I was able to get vanilla to run. However, as soon as I installed the official patches I loaded up the game and I ran into the fast-forward issue that some others have brought up in this thread. I have looked through the thread and, unless I missed something, no one has a definitive fix for this issue. I suppose it's important to add that I tried installing the patches one by one to see if I could narrow down the issue and with Patch #1 the game worked normally, but when I installed Patch #2 the fast-forward problem returned. So I guess my question is, does anyone have any suggestions? I have already made sure I have V-sync is on both in the game as well as forced on in my NVIDIA control panel so that did not do the trick as I believe someone in the thread suggested. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hey kids, I moved in Jan. and haven't done anything with this since Dec. and I'm getting the itch ... I got ahold of a copy of VMWare Workstation and was going to try to run the game in XP through that. Has anyone given that a whirl and if so, any results?

THE JERKY MIGHT BE BECAUSE OF VB BUT IF YOU HANVET PUT THE THE PATCH (ITS THE SITE)  IN PLACED THAT WILL MAY HELP. IT HAS FOR OTHERS. NO PROMISES BUT LOOK AT THAT.

I was able to resist the update to Windows 10 until now.  MVP runs fine except there are black bars on the sides of my screen.  I know there is a way to fix this, but for the life of me can't remember or figure it out.  I know there is a setting somewhere with the graphics card to stretch it and I know I was able to do it with Windows 7.  Any ideas?  The card is Intel HD 3000.

So I ran the ResChanger and now I get black bars for menu and full screen for in game play.  It switches during the loading screen.  Kind of odd, but better than before, I guess.  Still, I had it full screen for both with Windows 7 and would like to get back to that.