The Madcap's Cyberface Previews Thread

TheMadcap

Thanks guys. I've been sick with who knows what (probably bird flu) for the past 5 days now. I'm sick again all day today so I should be able to get a few more out.

on deck: a few random Phillies yet, Ricky Nolasco & Paul Maholm. Any other players for 2006 desperately need facial representation? Does anyone have a decent Elvis Andrus pic?

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

very good work.

i don't know what it is, maybe there's something floating in the air, maybe is the quality pics availabe, but i'm noticing alot of top notch cyberfaces as of late. we've been dealing with 2x faces for awhile now but i gotta say the faces that are being produced this year alone seem just notches above the quality of the recent past. i've been seeing quite the improvements from our cyberface modders. and yours and jogar's faces are top notch. keep up the good work.

Homer & Jogar, thanks a bunch. I can tell you Homer, atleast on my end, the number 1 reason why my faces are that much better than ones I have done previously is due to the fact that I actually spend time choosing the most accurate headshapes that I can find. Before I'd pick something close and fudge it, screwing the texture all up. Those new double hi-res pressbox photos are helping out a bunch too.

Loving the Madson one.

I have a question though. When moving parts from the base your using (eyes, nose, mouth, etc.), does that always work? I tried moving the nose up for example, but that would screw up the nostrils. Reason I'm asking is because Trevor Crowe has a weird headshape with his nose being higher than most of the base models I've tried. When I move Crowe's nose (from the 2x pic), it doesn't look like him anymore, but when I start moving parts from the base it will somtimes screw up all types of alignment issues.

Loving the Madson one.

I have a question though. When moving parts from the base your using (eyes, nose, mouth, etc.), does that always work? I tried moving the nose up for example, but that would screw up the nostrils. Reason I'm asking is because Trevor Crowe has a weird headshape with his nose being higher than most of the base models I've tried. When I move Crowe's nose (from the 2x pic), it doesn't look like him anymore, but when I start moving parts from the base it will somtimes screw up all types of alignment issues.

JP- all of my faces are done using the piece by piece method. Some say it isn't the best way but for me it just works the best. Players with real odd headshapes do pose a problem for me (see my Chris Duncan earlier in this thread). Only advice that I can give you is to try to find the headshape that best represents the facial area of the face. Chins & cheeks and that sort of thing can be manipulated fairly easily (oedit) w/o making the players face unrecognizable. When you have to start sliding the eyes, nose & mouth around that is when a bunch of texture stretching seems to occur. However, I am no pro on the topic, that is just what I have found. Honestly, my best asset when it comes to face making is my ability to pick accurate headshapes. Pick a good one & it'll make everything else cake.

If you can find 04 style heads that match near perfect your textures will hold up alot better. I still don't know how Jogar consistently reproduces such detailed textures on his faces.

Totte, I'm going to look into doing a version of Hansen. I have yet to give an asian player a crack so I might hold off on Okajima.

Can anybody get me Bobby Cox's pressbox as well as that Luke Scott guy that Astro Eric is always begging for. For some reason I can't link to the manager photos & the Astro's page freezes firefox for me. Thanks guys.

Yeah, sadly I think Coste is gonna be the odd man out but I hope I'm wrong. I had a perfect headshape for Garcia, couldn't pass him. You've got to see this texture in-game. Absolutely NO distortion whatsoever. Complete with Garcia's real eyeballs it almost looks next-gen.

What'd you think of Nolasco?

Archived