The MVP 2005 and Windows 10 Thread

Solid_Contact

It works with the base game (as in no updated rosters). I'm assuming that it will work with the updated rosters but have not been able to test. Running the cracked version for now as I just wanted to try to get it running on Windows 10. However I experienced no gameplay interruptions for the few innings I played. My specs are:

Intel Core i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz

8 gigs ram

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

I've experienced no gameplay lagging or frame rate issues.

Now the struggle is finding a copy of the PC version that won't cost me 3 arms and 5 legs...

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all

Okay ..a possible solution to MVP2005 running on WIN 7-WIN10. During the Win.Sept 2015 updates Microsoft has disabled the "SECDRV.SYS most older games used for pirate protection. You can read it here:

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2015/09/new-update-for-windows-7-and-8-kills-safedisc-copy-protection/

I tried the steps in the above site and it didn't work (Win 8.1) so, all I did was uninstall the WIN Update : (KB3086255) Sept 10 2015 file, and my game started as normal. Hope it works for you.

Ok so I figured out the fix for Windows 10, and it all has to do with the  SECDRV.SYS file. Basically you have to download that file (or copy it from a preexisting earlier version of windows), drop it into your system32 drivers folder, self-sign the drive and turn on test signing. Here's the rundown (gotten from this website- I'm not that intuitive lol):

I can confirm I was having the same issue as everyone else before(either a black screen or wouldn't open at all, even after various compatibility fixes), and after doing this I got the base game of MVP to work perfectly (just built my computer recently). Getting the MVP15 mod to work is a whole other story but that's due to another issue (hint hint ;)). So glad to be playing this again, I loved this game on OG Xbox. Too bad the HDD fried during a power surge -__-

My first post, hope it was helpful!

Thanks dude! I knew someone would eventually figure something out, but I was getting frustrated.

So I'm not sure if anyone else has done it yet, but I will let you know that it does indeed work. And it is actually a fairly simple process.

I have MVP 15 working fine on Windows 10. I did have to download an app to limit the game to 60 fps. I used nvidia inspector (I have a nvidia gpu, but the app might work with others. It might also be able to solve other display issues).

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

Here is the legal, legit way to disable Driver Signature Verification in Windows 10, without any difficulty...just follow the instructions in the link below and enjoy! I I disabled driver signature verification enforcement, and all my old games now work - faster to - too fast, but they work : )

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

I installed W10 to my 2ndary HDD and only attempted a copy of the patched folder to no avail, but I didn't do a full install.  I did try it with the above TeamRivals fix above, but it's probably due to not installing a virgin install to begin with (duh, me). 

I'm going to try Owen sig disable thing above.

Addendum:  Ok pretty good progress. I'm not sure if it had to do with TeamRival's fix or Owen's sig disable.  I would try the latter first and then dive into TeamRival's if necessary.  I installed a fresh copy to desktop.  I copied the entire MVP15 data folder from my W7 install and replaced the basic data folder.  I was able to use the enbseries mod as well (the one that changes the lighting) and do resolution changer (but after doing res changer, I had to re-do Owens fix).  And now that I'm typing this, I did forget to do an official MVP patch, though I still have that .exe file from a previous install, so I should be able to swap it (as I was getting stuttering on walk-up/run-in cut scenes as well as on throws especially across the diamond.  I could also apply graphics enhancements through my NVIDIA control panel.  Here's some screen shots:

mvp15 01.png

mvp15 02.png

Edited by Gordo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I installed  mvp on my windows 10 pc today, then  the mvp 15 addon.  Game loads and runs but there is a fair bit of choppiness almost to the point where it's almost unplayable.:(  Any one able to figure out a fix for this?  Thanks.

On 1/4/2016 at 1:25 PM, sask3m said:

I installed  mvp on my windows 10 pc today, then  the mvp 15 addon.  Game loads and runs but there is a fair bit of choppiness almost to the point where it's almost unplayable.:(  Any one able to figure out a fix for this?  Thanks.

Try running in a lower resolution...

1 minute ago, mee said:

Try running in a lower resolution...

That's not the problem.  I'm certainly no Windows expert, but there is no reason that an OS upgrade should downgrade an older game so that you have to make concessions to play it... not in this day and age.

Just now, Gordo said:

That's not the problem.  I'm certainly no Windows expert, but there is no reason that an OS upgrade should downgrade an older game so that you have to make concessions to play it... not in this day and age.

His problem may not have anything to do with Windows is what I am saying. The mod has a load of higher resolution files that can slow down gameplay...

• 3 weeks later...

I was having problems starting MVP 2015 until I installed a patch for links 2003 for windows 7,8 10 for Nvidia cards. Since then MVP 2015 has started every time I have tried it. It runs fine no choppiness at all.I got the patch from www.linkscountryclub.com.Links runs fine now also.