Mvp 2007

Yankee4Life

I'm just wondering if this has been approached yet but has anyone thought of making modded .loc files for the '07 mod? That can change the game a lot. We could mod all the scouting reports and change the text for various things, it could be pretty cool..

When this is released, what rosters will it use? The latest U.R.?

Actually MagicHands8686 has released a download that changes scouting reports, the menu names and so forth. You can find it here.

http://www.mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=3572.html

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that he suggested it with that intention considering that piston only has 451 posts in a year and a half.

Being a Forum Fanatic has nothing to do with the amount of posts you have, it is how you are regarded on this site. The rosters used in the game, were the ones chosen. They are the some of the respected members on this site, and just because they are not on as often as some of you guys, doesn't make them any less worthy now.

Mod Squad

01. Trues

02. Fuzz

03. Totte

04. Krawhitham

05. KC

06. Hory

07. Umachines

08. RGlass95

09. Olyrunner

10. Big Bully

11. Pirate

12. tywiggins

13. Uncle Mo

14. Mosser

15. MaddiesDaddy

16. The Big O

17. Jogar84

18. boricuapapi1885

19. SwinginSoriano

20. RAM

21. Thome25

22. Paul W

23. Sean O

24. Stecropper

25. Tony3

Forum Fanatic

01. Yankee4Life

02. MarkB

03. five

04. JoeRudi26

05. tebjr

06. snepp

07. Kriegz (tribetime)

08. NYM06

09. RonBurgundy?? what was old name

10. big shmooz

11. cybernetic

12. carter

13. cloutier_39

14. gameguy493

15. Spivey11

16. Snash13

17. Thug4Life

18. WhoisKarimGarcia

19. gcurrier2004

20. kgbaseball

21. AstroEric

22. Friedman

23. djeagles11

24. JoeyMcM93

25. DUnit1590

...and really, who do you guys propose should be taken off????????

I believe there are no changes to the teams. I was just asking the guys who have asked for the teams to be changed, their opinions. Kraw is not making changes, and I don't blame him. the teams are fine they way they are. there was alot of work involved in getting all the stats together, and there is no need to change it.

Being a Forum Fanatic has nothing to do with the amount of posts you have, it is how you are regarded on this site. The rosters used in the game, were the ones chosen. They are the some of the respected members on this site, and just because they are not on as often as some of you guys, doesn't make them any less worthy now.

I wasn't suggesting that they weren't as respected or anything, I was just saying that the word fanatic usually implies some extreme, as a matter of fact, thats exactly what it means. I just didn't think he was a fanatic, though he is a good member on the site. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

How about we open up a new thread with a poll, and let everyone on this site to vote... and give its a weeks time... it would sound fair, and I think I too would qualify for it... I check the site more then 20 times a day, and contribute to any thread when I feel like I can post something useful....

or DJ just add me to the ForumFanatics, but just not add me to the rosters... kinda like yankeexDev above me, but I don't care if I get in the game...

Guys, look back a couple of pages, Kraw's not changing the rosters in the game. What's the big deal anyway? Let the man work on the 07 mod, without having to worry who's on/ who's not, on the Forum Fanatics/Mod Squad teams.

Let it go.

Can I replace you on the Forum Fanatics roster?

:lmao:

Just kidding, man.

Seriously fellas - there are enough constant contributors to fill 10 25-man rosters on this site. There is simply NO WAY everybody who posts a lot or feels they are a "fantatic" about the site can fit into the FF-squad, just like there are way more than 25 dedicated modders that would fill the Mod-Squad.

The two 25-man teams were picked based on involvement in the site way back when it was in its earlier days, and who contributed to the project, things like that. I post a lot too - but the rosters aren't just about who wants to be on, who thinks they deserve to be on, etc etc - it's also about who the builders of the mod WANTED on the rosters - because in the end - IT'S THEIR MOD. (Not sure if it was Kraw who was primarily responsible for those rosters or not).

This should not be a big deal. At all.

Sorry to complain, but will MVP2007 have the pitching fixed?

Yes. Fear not. It won't be nearly as rediculously easy as it was with the stock game. So yes, it will be fixed.

And if you end up unhappy with it anyway - it's as easy as downloading and installing a new datafile.txt to change the difficulty.

I don't know if this has been suggested but I think we should set up new Modders vs. ForumFanatics. Some of the people in the first one are rarely on the site anymore.

That's not a good idea. We had a hard enough time before getting this roster put together. We went through months and months of nothing being done about it and at one point Fuzz was going to do the rosters, but that fell through. Luckily, we had Krawhitham come in and set the rosters up. He has more important things to do now.

And it doesn't matter if some of the people are not as active on the forums anymore. They earned their spot on the team.

if its ok i co-sign this

It would figure you would co sign pistonj92's post.

Also, I think they should be removed, because they aren't forum fanatics anymore, if they don't go on much anymore. Just my $.02.

Another spammer heard from. Another one crying about not being on either one of the rosters because you weren't on the site yet.

I think those rosters are wrong, since I was on the team and im not on the roster

I think DJ has an old copy of the rosters. You are on the Forum Fanatics my friend, and you are one of the starters.

How about we open up a new thread with a poll, and let everyone on this site to vote... and give its a weeks time... it would sound fair, and I think I too would qualify for it... I check the site more then 20 times a day, and contribute to any thread when I feel like I can post something useful....

No, and for three very good reasons.

1. You have no idea how long it took us to come up with the rosters. The Forum Fanatics roster and Mod Squad rosters you see in Mvp 06 are a result of a thread I started back in November of 2005. It was my intention then to gauge everyone's interest in these rosters once again. You see, back in February of 2005, that was when we first decided to do it. Then it kind of died down and before you knew it, no one talked about it. But like I said, I got the ball rolling again in November 2005, and then Kraw finalized the rosters and he put them in Mvp 06.

2. Each person that was on the team had to give us their player makeup. You have no idea how hard it was trying to get the stats from 25 different people. I was in charge of getting the FF ones, and the way people dragged their feet sending us the required information is something I don't want to do again.

3. Finally, Kraw has stated he has no interest in doing an update, so that ends that.

This is why I think the damn teams shouldn't be in the Total Conversion at all.

No Hory, its a good roster set. Not everyone was going to be on it. The newer guys here have to understand it. Kraw did a superb job of making this work after all the months when nothing was done about this.

Another spammer heard from. Another one crying about not being on either one of the rosters because you weren't on the site yet.

Excuse me? I was not suggesting that I wanted to be on either or any teams. I was just making a point that they technically aren't forum fanatics. I assumed that I wouldn't be applicable because of my spammer title. I don't wanna be on the team, especially since I was for there not being the teams anyway...

Jeez, I didn't mean to sound like I was bitching and moaning about not being on the teams.